I am a registered clinical social worker in Ontario, holding a Master degree in Social work with emphasis on addictions and 2SLGBTQI health.
Prior to becoming a full time clinical social worker, I was a business executive, which gives me insight and allows me to understand the nuances of executive stress and burn out associated with today’s expectations in the work force.
I am professor with Centennial College in the Addictions and Mental Health Department.
I am an advocator for equitable treatment and care for the 2SLGBTQI community locally, provincially, and federally. I have specific interest in trans health care.
- CMA Patient Voice
- Lead of Community of Practice Trans Health Care- Durham Region
- Member of Carea CC Ajax Pickering Advisory Team
- Member of DRPS Community Safety Advisory Council
- Member of Age Friendly Steering Committee-Pickering
- Member of Durham Region – Social Workers
- President- PFLAG Durham Region
- Chair of BLOOM/Transitional Gender Housing and Support Program
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT- Certificates/Training
- Indigenous Canada Certificate
- Adult Learning Paedology
- OCD-Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy
- Responding Effectively to Clients Who Experience Complex PTSD and Developmental Trauma
- LGBTQ Train the Trainer Facilitator
- Indigenous Cultural Responsiveness Theory (ICRT): a New Tool for Improving Health Outcomes for FNMI (First Nations, Metis and Inuit) peoples.
- Ageism and Discrimination
- AFFIRMative Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Suicide Interventions
- Defusing, Anger, Resistance and Hostility
- Diversity -Anti-Oppression
- Harm Reduction